Course offered at Pacific Pro Dive, located in Courtenay, British Columbia and price includes eLearning module. (Note: eLearning modules can be purchased separately).
The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course introduces you to the coolest magic carpet ride you’ll ever experience. This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by “going with the flow,” staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time.
Drift Diving is nearly effortless and relaxing. You simply glide along and enjoy the rush of flying underwater while the current does the work.
What You Learn:
- Planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
- An introduction to drift diving equipment — floats, lines, reels
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
*course price does not include cost of boat charter
All courses are run by Pacific Pro Dive located in Courtenay, Vancouver Island, BC. You must be able to take the course with us locally to purchase. Once purchased our staff will contact you to set up a schedule and send the eLearning code to you.