Course offered at Pacific Pro Dive, located in Courtenay, British Columbia.
Looking for the first step in working with scuba as a career? Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the Divemaster program. Working closely with our team of Instructors, you will expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the Assistant Instructor and Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
What You Learn:
During the Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
What You Can Teach:
After becoming certified as a Divemaster you will be authorized to:
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
- Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
- Conduct the Skin Diver course and Discover Snorkelling program
- Conduct the Discover Local Diving experience
- Conduct the Scuba Review program
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified Divemaster.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of an Instructor during:
• Surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises
• When the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of an Instructor.
- Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
- Academic / Knowledge reviews sessions
- Internship necessary until you are confident to lead divers on your own
- Cylinders / Air fill for all training sessions
- Full Diving Equipment (familiarity at the professional level is extremely important)
- Divemaster Crewpack & E-Learning Program (click below)
- PADI eRDPML or PADI Table
- Divemaster Application Fees – Payable to PADI or SDI
- Liability Insurance is required after certification in order to work
All courses are run by Pacific Pro Dive located in Courtenay, Vancouver Island, BC. You must be able to take the course with us locally to purchase. Once purchased our staff will contact you to set up a schedule.